[Zope] "manage" screens don't appear on local workstation for Win2000

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:08:13 -0500

Thomas,
  what happens when you explicitly request a management page:
  http://localhost:8080/index_html/manage_main ?
  If you get index_html, then we have a permissions problem, possible domain
related,
  If you get a management window, then I'm inclined to say that your browser
is caching something (then again, I've been wrong an aweful lot today :)

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas B. Passin [mailto:tpassin@mitretek.org]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 12:51 PM
To: Zope Mailing List
Subject: [Zope] "manage" screens don't appear on local workstation for
Win2000

I just moved my Zope installation to Windows 2000.  Now when I try to use
any management screens, I get the default index_html pages instead.  So I
can't change anything or develop content.

I can still access the management screens from a  separate computer, but I
need to work on my own machine, the one that Zope is running on.  Zope is
running as a service, by the way.

Same result with both Zope 2.2.6 and 2.3.0, even with a completely fresh
clean installation.  I had no problems like this on an NT4 server.

I'm out of ideas - anyone have a solution?

Tom Passin