[Zope] UPDATE: Unpickling errors with 2.3.1 & ZEO

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:33:20 -0400

Hi all,

The problem experienced under the combination of 2.3.1 and ZEO had to do
with a lack of parity between the last ZEO release and the new conflict
detection and resolution code provided by FileStorage in 2.3.1.

In order to make 2.3.1 work with ZEO, you will need to upgrade to the latest
ZEO release, 0.5.0, available from http://www.zope.org/Products/ZEO.  This
involves shutting down the ZEO clients and ZEO server, unpacking the new ZEO
files into the directory occupied by the older ZEO files on both the clients
and the server (after backing up, of course), and restarting the server and
the clients.

Sorry about this!

Those who have not upgraded to Zope 2.3.1 need not upgrade ZEO (although the
new release will work with older Zopes).

Please report problems to the list, getting this situation resolved is high
priority for us.

Thanks!

- C