[Zope] Searching a FieldIndex for prefix or OR

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:50:57 -0400

"Randall F. Kern" wrote:

> Is it possible to search a catalog on a field index for either a given
> prefix, or any of a list of values?
>
> Maybe I'm going about this wrong; I want to add the ability to only show
> objects found below a specific place on my site, and to do that I
> created a field index on the path to each object.  Then at query time I
> would like to search for /foo/bar/*, or failing that create a list of
> all paths below /foo/bar and create an OR query.
>
> The solution I'm using now is to post-process the search results, but
> that seems lame :)

Yes, it is lame.  And no, it's not possible with a FieldIndex.  ;-)

There's a proposal floating around verbally at DC to create a
"PathIndex" that has this behavior.  I think Tres actually sent me some
code for it at some point.  You want that I should look it up and send
it to you?

- C