[Zope] Passing variables around.

Ixokai zope@myseraph.org
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:24:03 -0700

I have a general menubar on my site, who's orientation will vary depending
on which page its on. Sometimes its on the left, sometimes its on the right.
And its color can vary, too. So that's two bits of information that I want
to be able to pass to the dtml method /standard_menubar in each page.

What i'm currently doing is this:

   <dtml-let Prefix="'L-'" Color="'Orange'"><dtml-var
standard_menubar></dtml-let>

Is that the 'correct' way to pass variables around? Hmm. Would it be better
to just set 'Properties' on my content_html DTML document?

Speaking of. I'm designing my site with the 'One Folder per Page' paradigm.
Should content_html be a DTML document or method? Are there advantages or
disadvantages to each? My understanding is that the Folder would then become
the 'object' that is the page, instead of the content_html being the object
within the folder... is this correct?

--Ix