[Zope] Zope vs other Web Languages.

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 15:08:18 +0200

Hi Steven,

the problem of stableness was the issue we decided to drop ASP
and go over to python/zope.
PHP was never an issue because of its formerly lack of caching
database access (you need this for example to realise batches)
Not to mention the nightmare of much to much repeating code
in each page. (Try to switch database connection for a whole
PHP site and you know what I mean) this problem is also true
with limitations to ASP.

With a clever Zope setup you can have a very clean site which is
easy to maintain and to develop. (Use ZClasses and products)

HTH
Tino Wildenhain