[Zope] incredible authentication problem

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:16:30 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I'm in the following situation and can't explain it:

I've created a user in the root's acl_users folder of a fresh Zope
2.3.1beta2 installation.

this user has an "almost" manager local role in a sub-sub folder of the
root one, but no role anywhere else.

If I login as this user from home or at work, respectively under Debian
Potato with Netscape 4.75 and 4.76, then it works fine and the management
screens are shown to me.

If I tell the real user to try to connect as this Zope user from his home,
then only the top and left management frames are shown to him correctly:
the right frame shows the "View" of the folder, not its contents.

What I can't explain is that in both situations we log in using the very
same username and password, but the result is different for him. On a
screenshot he sent to me, the top frame shows the good username, and when
I personnally lo in with this username the top frame shows it is correct
(anbd the same) too.

Since I've created the folder as the manager (admin account) of the whole
Zope installation, is it possible that Netscape caches my authentification
information, which isn't cached for him because he never logs in as admin
? I must say that he and I have quitted and relaunched Netscape several
times during several days, but the problem persists.

Unfortunately I don't know his Netscape's version, and we can't try IE.

Could this be related to cookies, javascript or proxy cache settings ?

thanks in advance for any help.

Jerome Alet - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr
Tel: (+33) 4 93 37 76 30     Fax: (+33) 4 93 53 15 15
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE