[Zope] ANN: Core Session Tracking 0.8 released

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 16:52:52 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote:

> cd lib/python; python
> [('session_id_mgr', <SessionIdManager instance at 869e1d8>)]

Waaagh! Doesn't for me :-(

external method:

def updateall(self,updatemethod, metatypes=['Session Id Manager']):
    sss =  self.ZopeFind(self,obj_metatypes=metatypes)
    print sss

when I do http://mysite.com/updateall, I get:

[]

...printed from the Zope console... what am I doing wrong?

> > PS: Chris: your mail server / local machine is about 30 mins out, I;m
> sending
> > you replies before I should have got your message... confusing :-S
>
> Just changed the time.

:-)

> IOBTrees are significantly more efficient (or so Jim tells me).  I don't
> think there's any facility in the catalog to provide UIDs based on RID,
> although I imagine you could look at the catalogObject method of Catalog.py
> to see how the catalog assigns RIDs and use the same algorithm.

Hmmm... I didn't exlain myself very well. In one of the places we're using a
catalog, we don't _have_ a RID. We had been generating integers and using those
as both keys in a BTree and RID's for the catalog. Now catalog wants RID's to be
strings but OOBTrees are inefficient :-S

...then I thought 'well, UIDs are just what we want' but I'm not sure there's a
way to just give ZCatalog an object (without supplying a RID) and have ZCatalog
return the RID... any ideas?

cheers,

Chris