Python Command line {was => Re: [Zope] ANN: Core Session Tracking 0.8 released}

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:08:35 -0400

> Works for me... just tried it from the command line like this:
>
> cd lib/python; python
> [('session_id_mgr', <SessionIdManager instance at 869e1d8>)]

Chris,

As an aside, this command line access looks very nice. I am very curious..

Please how do you do this?
Since Zope is already running Python where are you launching this from?
Is there some other tool or modifications needed to access Zope like this?
What are the limits on what one can do..

Especially for getting up to speed on Zope/Python syntax, Python script
logic etc, general API familiarity, PyZope interactive command line looks
like a great advantage.

thanks
- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']