[Zope] How to disable ZODB transaction.

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:08:57 -0400

Hi Juan,

You can use a nonundo storage (e.g. Berkeley Storage, or the new "packless"
BerkeleyStorage).

Or you can use XML-RPC to call the manage_pack method of the control panel
every so often.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juan Carlos Coruņa" <jcoruna@ibdosnorte.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 1:03 PM
Subject: [Zope] How to disable ZODB transaction.

Hi zopistas,

I'm developing an site that has a few thousands of transactions per day. The
site adds and deletes a lot of DTML Documents.

The ZODB grows dramatically and when I pack manually the database it
consumes a lot of time.

Is there a way to disable the transactions persistence in ZODB?
When not, how can I invoke a "pack" from a python script to call it
periodically with a cron job?