[Zope] Zope 2.3.0 Under Windows 95

John Gregory jgregory@tgis.co.uk
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:09:27 0

Hi All

First my apologies for inadvertently misdirecting replies to my

Second any help on the following would be appreciated:

I'm unable to open Zope 2.3.0 on my pc under Windows 95. I run
start.bat and then point IE5 at http://127.0.0.1 but all I get is an
IE error report "The page cannot be displayed. Cannot find server or
DNS Error".

I've followed recommended download/install instructions explicitly
and AFAIK all the files are correctly located.

Another server on my pc - Xitami - recognises the address
http://127.0.0.1 so could it be that Zope 2.3.0, like MS Personal
Server 4, cannot be run under Windows 95 except via a network?

Regards

jaygee