[Zope] Apache SubFolder to Zope root folder using VirtualHostMonster

Lars Holmstrom lars@thinkshare.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 14:46:38 -0700

I am having trouble getting VirtualHostMonsters to work for
my configuration (or at least to my liking).  What I want to
do is have a a URL with a specific subfolder that is sent to
my Apache server passed to the root directory of my ZServer
using ProxyPass.  For example, I want to have my Apache
server proxy www.foo.com/zope requests to the root folder of
my Zope installation.  The httpd.conf line in question is:

ProxyPass /zope
http://www.foo.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.foo.com:80/Vi
rtualHostRoot/

This successfully lands me in the Zope root directory, but
URLs generated by Zope are missing the /zope/ part of the
path.  The Virtual Host Monster documentation has an example
for what I am trying to do that looks like this:

ProxyPass /zope
http://www.foo.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.foo.com:80/Vi
rtualHostRoot/_vh_zope

When I hit the URL www.foo.com/zope, however, I get an error
indicating that the object _vh_zope could not be found.  So
it is not appending /zope/ to my host base URL like I thought
it would.  Am I trying to use this feature correctly?  Does
this feature exists?  Searching these archives I found
mention of someone trying to do this a couple months ago, and
the response was that VirualHostPaths would be added in the
future, so I thought that this might be that feature.  I was
using SiteRoots to accomplish this before, but some products,
like ZWiki, didn't honor them, and I was starting to special
case too many products in my ProxyPass configuration.  I want
a way to simply rewrite every incomming URL into the ZServer
with a base of http://www.foo.com/zope.  Any help would be
appreciated!

-Lars Holmstrom