[Zope] Get Column Names from SQL Query?

Curtis Maloney curtis@cardgate.net
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:23:19 +1100

On Thu,  5 Apr 2001 01:50, Thomas B. Passin wrote:
> I want to run an SQL query, like
>
> select * from person
>
> Then I want to extract the column names from the returned data.  In other
> words, I don't want to hand-code them into the result page.

I ran into this some months back... it's actually quite easy to do when  you
realise the returned object from a Z SQL Method is _not_ just a list...
check the ZQR for it's members...

Here is what I use to get the field names:

<dtml-call
"REQUEST.set('fieldList',sql.GetDocketDetails(DocketNo=1).names())">

> I'm using a ZSQL method, of course, to query the database.
>
> Anyone know how to do this without running an external method?
>
> Tom P

Did you search through the mailing list logs before posting?

Have a better one,
	Curtis Maloney