[Zope] Packaging Zope book for Debian

Andreas Tille tillea@rki.de
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 10:28:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

as I Debian maintainer I try to bundle all stuff on my machine as
Debian package.  I did so with the Zope Book I found at
   http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/TheZopeBook2.3a2.tgz .
The  Open Publication License  would allow to distribute this
package with Debian (correct me if I'm wrong - I'm no legal expert).
Would you think consider it to be a good idea to make this package
official?

If so I think it would be a good idea if there would be a
source-package from which the HTML output is generated.  Currently
there is no real table of contents page in the downloadable HTML
version nor it is in sync with the web pages.  I fixed the
missing table of contents page by inserting links into Preface.html
to the apropriate files, but this is rather stupid.

Is there any kind of source for the book, would this be allowed to
be distributed or at least is there a newer version with a table
of contents (not only the link pointing to the www.zope.org page
which is not very clever for offline readers).

Kind regards

         Andreas.