[Zope] Sorting in Python Script

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:54:03 +0400 (MSD)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
> In DTML I do this:
>
> <dtml-in "folder.objectValues('Meta Type') sort=bobobase_modification_time>
>
> How do I do this in Python Scripts??
>
> I have tried
> objlist.sort('bobobase_modification_time')
> and
> objlist.sort(bobobase_modification_time)

   I am working on the generic External Method to do this. There is Zieve
Product for similar things.

   But if you want do it yourself (and I recommend to do it) - learn a bit
of Python.
   Sequence.sort() accepts a function, that does comparison, so you want
somethimng like this (untested):

def bmt_cmp(object1, object2):
   return cmp(object1.bobobase_modification_time(), object2.bobobase_modification_time())
      (note - bobobase_modification_time is a function!)

objlist.sort(bmt_cmp)
return objlist

Oleg.
----