[Zope] Installing WorldPilot Mandrake Linux 7.2

Andrew Williams ajwms@hotmail.com
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:39:46 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Baker" <joebaker@dcresearch.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>; <help@worldpilot.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 1:58 PM
Subject: [Zope] Installing WorldPilot Mandrake Linux 7.2

> -------
>  Unpack the worldpilot.1.1.x.tgz file in Zope's root directory.
>  This will install the WorldPilot Product into lib/python/Products/
>  Enter your domain into the file
>  /usr/local/worldpilot/Zope.xxx/lib/python/Products/Worldpilot/DOMAIN.py
> ------
>
> But I'm not sure where the Zope's root directory is.  I think that
> in my installation it might be

Where do you run "start" from?  That directory will be where Zope was
installed to (hint:  type "pwd" (without quotes) to see where the current
directory is (print working directory))

> Next I tried going to the Import feature of the web based control pannel
> and entered the directory name of "worldpilot"  (without quotes).  This
> was the error message I received.

The installation of *most* products don't require an import.  By installing
the product in the "/lib/python/Products/" directory and re-starting Zope
will give you access to the product.

For example:
------------------------------------
Directory Zope is installed:
  /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1

Products would be installed in:
  /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/Products

WorldPilot gzip/tarball location:
  /home/andrew/WorldPilot-1.0.tar.gz

WorldPilot would be installed by:
cd /usr/local/Zope-2.3.1