[Zope] ProxyPass: How to get around it.

The Doctor What docwhat@gerf.org
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 16:46:18 -0500

The idea:
I have a site (http://dd.gerf.org/) which works great, it's zope,
and it uses ProxyPass (because I have a lot of virtual hosts).

However, the bug tracking system I want to use (because I didn't
find any good zope ones) requires PHP.  So I have it set up as
/bugs.

But Alias isn't working.

I found a page that mentions that you can try to punch a hole using
additional proxypass settings, but since this is a virtual (CNAME)
host, not a separate IP address, I can't use localhost or some such.
And if I say:
ProxyPass /bugs http://dd.gerf.org/bugs

I get an infinite loop.

I tried moving it over to http://gerf.org/~nick/bugs, but that'd
require a whole rewrite of the php scripts as they call PHP commands
to ask Apache it's host name, which ends up being gerf.org, which is
wrong.

So, all I want is an Alias that can punch a hole in my ProxyPass.

Ciao!

--
A computer scientist is someone who fixes things that aren't broken.

The Doctor What: "What, Doctor What"             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC