[Zope] ZServer on Windows 2000 w/Apache issue

Alberto Berti alberto@chiaroscuro.com
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:26:40 +0100

Sherwood Robinson wrote:

> OK I have been trying to figure out why this keeps happening but the
> Zope server seems to run fine for a day and slow to a crawl as the day
> goes by.  This happens to the point that I have to restart the Zope
> server.  This works fine till the server gets hit with heavy traffic
> or as a day grows on and it slows down again.
>
> What can i do to optimize the server so this wont happen?  It gets so
> bad that even just Apache served sites slow down also.

uhumm...is the os using the swap? the ram is full?

> This only happens with our main Zope install.  This runs our primary
> site.  It has the most stuff in it using ODBC to connect to access
> databases and some MySQL activity is happening on the server also.

i ever had problems with ODBC when i was using it with iterbase until i
switched to a native driver :-)

> The Python process for this server is only utilizing only about 50% of
> the processor recourses but this is steady.  It also climbs up to
> 200K+ in memory usage.

What do u mean here? what's the process memory consumption when it hangs?

> I am more than willing to answer any questions you may need to help
> me  figure out what is going on here.

uhumm ....you are using zope 2.3.0...some questions:

Do you have tried to flush Zope's cache istead of restart it?

Do you have tried to activate the profiling system to see where the time
is spent?