[Zope] Apache virtual host combined with Zope

Andy Gimblett andy.gimblett@ftech.net
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 15:15:15 +0100

I've had success with both FastCGI and ProxyPass/SiteRoot, but
haven't used VirtualHostMonster (took a look, but decided that
SiteRoot could handle my needs for now). No experience of PCGI.

I found this How-To:
http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver
to be probably the most useful/clear. As for "state of the art"
and what you "should" be using, I'm not sure... I'd just say
use whatever works for you. :) (Sorry, evasive answer, I realise!).

One thing to note: I couldn't find out how to use FastCGI to serve
_part_ of my Zope site as a virtual. In ProxyPass this is easy
(which is why I'm using it), but I could only get FastCGI to serve
the entire Zope tree. I'd prefer to use FastCGI if I could, because
then I can force all requests to go through Apache, whereas using
ProxyPass, you could just make a request to :8080, as it were.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Just my 2p,

Andy

--