[Zope] Apache virtual host combined with Zope

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:58:08 +0400 (MSD)

Ah, so your problem is different from what I though. I thought you want to
serve some dirs from Apache, and some from Zope. But you want server entire
server from Zope, but not from root of ZODB. There is certainly a parameter
for this, but I don't know it. What is /usr/local/apache/htdocs/foo?

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Andy Gimblett wrote:
> <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
>     ServerAdmin gimbo@ftech.net
>     ServerName foo.bar.com
>     ErrorLog logs/foo_error.log
>     CustomLog logs/foo_access.log common
>
>     FastCgiExternalServer /usr/local/apache/htdocs/foo \
>                           -host localhost:8889 \
>                           -pass-header Authorization
>     SetHandler fastcgi-script
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Looking at that, I can't see any way to tell it to pass the
> request to a subdirectory of the Zope tree being served up by
> the ZServer listening on 8889. So the effect is that foo.bar.com
> is a virtual for the entire Zope tree instead.
>
> As I say, maybe there's another parameter to FastCgiExternalServer
> which does it, but I haven't found it. I haven't looked too hard,
> either, mind. ;-)

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru