[Zope] Zope FTP problems

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 21:54:28 +0100

--On 06 April 2001 16:31 -0400 "Thomas B. Passin" <tpassin@mitretek.org>
wrote:

> This is not true, at least on Win2000.  ftp works fine and connects to my
> Zope server.  What may be fooling people is that it doesn't take command
> line arguments.  You have to run it with the "ftp" command.  Then you type
>
> open localhost 8021 <ENTER>
>
> Then it asks for user id and password.  Works fine.  I just did it.

Coo. So did I - on Win98 from the MSDOS prompt. Now I wish
I'd know that 2 years ago. Of course, if you type

HELP OPEN

it doesn't tell you that the port number is an option ....

Thanks v. much!

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/