[Zope] RE: [ZCommerce] RE: Philip leaves Arsdigita [snip]

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Fri, 06 Apr 2001 23:09:32 -0400

Welcome to the end of the thread.

>From DC's perspective, the good news is that a current customer is inquiring
about integration with RedHat Interchange.  This is still preliminary, but
Albert's e-commerce goals might be met.

Additionally, though I certainly didn't read Walter's post to say that he is
currently "waving money" in our faces, I'll absolutely contact Walter
immediately.  We are earnestly interested in any engagement he or anyone
else interested in funding e-commerce might have us do.  Any work we do with
Walter will be in the open, should he so choose.  So let's put that issue to
rest.

We're willing to communicate with any _developer_ of OpenACS or Zope that's
interested in integration.  Anyone with experience implementing e-commerce
systems that is interested, let me know.

As to putting this to rest...no, there's no CEO upheaval here (this has been
planned for a long time, nice try).  No, people that agree with DC aren't
"sycophants" (Jimmie and I have certainly disagreed *respectfully* in the
past).  And as for Chris McDonough, he is a Zope hero that burns nearly
every waking hour answering people's questions and *helping*.  I and
everyone I meet think the world of Chris, and he has *earned* this respect
twenty times over.

The e-commerce point is made.  No more "professional agitation" needed.  We
get the point.  Case closed.  Nothing to see here.  Move along.

--Paul