[Zope] Site with theme [newbie]

Philippe Jadin philippe.jadin@123piano.com
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 17:39:34 +0200

[newbie]

Hello,

After a long search I didn't find the right way to do this :

I have differents folders in my site, with subfolders, such as :

/en
   /web
   /contact
   /links
   /info

/fr
   /work
   /about
   /links

All those folders have a file arbitrary called "content.txt". It's the
textual content of each page.

In the root there is a file called template.html which calls the file
"content.txt".

I also have one index_html which calls template.html. Because I didn't want
to have my template in two separate files (header and footer).

Now, I'd like to have differents themes for my site.

Such as having :

www.domain.com/theme1/en/web would display the content of "en/web" with the
template.html file in theme1

www.domain.com/theme2/en/web would display the content of 'en/web" with the
template.html file in theme2

But it doesn't work... There is something in acquisition that I don't
understand. Either I get the content of my root folder (yes, this is a
subsite in a subfolder), or I get the same content wherever I go.

What should I put in each theme folder? Where should I put my index_html
file? Is it a bad idea to get rid of standards footer and headers files and
replacing them with template.html?

Is there any other way to do this? A siteaccess rule? (if possible, I'd like
to do this only by using a "feature" of acquisition...)

I found no tutorial on this, so any pointer welcome !

Thank you

Philippe Jadin

P.S. the actual site is at : http://www.123piano.com:8080/