[Zope] Zope and ActivePython 2.0

Eric Roby vekn@msn.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:18:08 -0500

Is it possible for Zope 2.3.1 (Win32 distribution) to function with
ActivePython 2.0 build 203.  I am desperately trying to get 'Perl for Zope'
up and running using ActiveState's latest pyperl 1.0.1 and zoperl 1.0 beta 5
(I don't have a C compiler and don't want to have to go through the earlier
incantations with python 1.5.2 and distutils - because I am full of
'Laziness').  I have tried various Python installations, modifying start.bat
to point to the correct Python installation and path and registry hacks.  In
every case where I try to point Zope to the Python 2.0 installation I get a
start-up error that tells me that the version of Python I am trying to load
is inconsistent with the python15.dll (even though python20.dll exists in
the win32 folder).  I am still relatively new to the ways of Zope, but I
fail to see in any core python scripts where there is any hard-wiring going
on.

All Zope'd up and no where to go....