[Zope] Cut,Copy and Paste with own ZClass

Ivan Cornell ivan.cornell@framestore.co.uk
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:18:17 +0100

Steffen Bergmann wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have created a new Product with my own ZClass to define my own type o=
> folder. This ZClass has "ZObject" and "ZFolder" as base classes.
> Everything is working great but I can=B4t do "Cut, Copy, Paste or Renam=
e"
> with instances of these ZClass. What is the problem.
> ZOPE says "The object xyz does not support this operation". What can I
> do?

Make sure the 'Add list name' in your factory is identical to your zclass
meta_type.  There are the same by default but if you changed the meta_typ=
after creating the zclass you need to adjust both. The factory 'list name=
'
is used by the copy/paste code (which I found by putting print statements
in the zope source code!)

Hope this helps,

Ivan