[Zope] [newbie] too often request for user re-authentication

Peter Sabaini sabaini@niil.at
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:26:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Win GO wrote:

>  is it normal for zope to request for re-authentication everytime you do a task? i'm new with zope and still learning the ropes.
>
>  TIA

Yes, in a way its normal behaviour to:

* Zope requesting Http BasicAuth on every request
* your browser asking for authentication the first time and
* caching authentication data on subsequent requests

Assuming you use the standard built-in authentication (Http
BasicAuth. This, by the way, is not Zope-specific rather
Http-specific). So I guess something is keeping your browser from
caching that data.

peter.

peter sabaini, mailto: sabaini@niil.at