[Zope] OT: Busy List was: how to ftp to :8021 using a MAC

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:04:08 -0500

Carl David wrote:

> p.s. please respond directly, the list is just too huge to handle on a
> daily basis. Thanks, cwd

Sorry Carl,
I can't help you with your MAC FTP problem. But, this brings up
an issue that I think should be addressed.
I would venture that everyone on this list are pretty busy
people.  I'll also venture that most of them use mail filtering
rules to put the 75 - 100 msgs / day in a separate folder and
they do not read half of them. I know I only read a few / day
that I think might concern my current situtation or that I might
be able to answer in a few minutes.  After a couple of days they
all get deleted.  I know they are in the archive if I need them
some day.

So, in short I'm saying that it's IMPORTANT to use good subject
lines and (without malice) because the list is too busy, is a
LAME excuse. If you aren't at least SCANNING the subject lines
you aren't offering to give back.

<SOAPBOX MODE OFF> :-)

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.