[Zope] insane Central Daylight Time, Zope 2.2.2

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:52:30 -0400

> >:( The problem is that DT is probably trying to do too much with
> >magical timezone recognition. At some point, some bonehead (and
> >I suspect it probably was me) accepted a request to add CDT to
> >the mapping without noticing that it is a good example of an
> >ambiguous timezone name.
>
> Not a solution, but for part of the history, see
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/1999-April/000323.html where
> Martijn Pieters writes about a change to DT

Hmm - ok then, (because there is no specific defender
of 'CDT' - the mapping was copied from some perl library) I
propose to just remove it altogether
(in which case the right thing should happen for both cases).

Could you do a quick test and verify if things are sane for you
if 'CDT' is simply removed from the mapping?

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909