[Zope] insane Central Daylight Time, Zope 2.2.2

Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:59:52 +1000

> > Or just use UTC/GMT. If your system writes down any records with
> > datestamps in them, you may find horrible things happen to you as
> > you switch on and off daylight savings.
>
> For storage and logic I agree. But for display, users like to see
> the time in reference to 'current local'.

But what's "current local" mean on the web? The webserver's timezone?

What I've found works ok is to put the date/time in UTC, but also include
something like

 21:34  10 April 2001
  (3 hours ago)

  The system's current time is 0:45, 11 April 2001.

This is what pretty much all the date/time stuff on the ekit site does -
seems to work not too badly.

Anthony.