[Zope] insane Central Daylight Time, Zope 2.2.2

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:10:01 -0500

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> > For storage and logic I agree. But for display, users like to see
> > the time in reference to 'current local'.
>
> But what's "current local" mean on the web? The webserver's timezone?

Point of reference.

98.9999999999% of Zope users are building WWW sites, in that case
I would think they would want to use GMT from the server and
maybe JS to get the client time in some cases. ???

I'm using it for a web enabled application that is used locally.
I would also think that intranet developers would be concerned
with local time as well? At least the smaller ones.

--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.
http://www.FreePM.com Office: (901) 884-4126