[Zope] hiding includes from webacces

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:04:40 -0600

Chris Withers wrote:

> Nils Decker wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to deny direct access to Objects, but allow them to be
> > included into other documents? I have tried to
> > setup a role "include" and set my index_html to proxy to this rule, but
> > it did not work.
>
> This is something I've been looking to do since I first started usign Zope abotu
> a year and a half ago :-(
>
> Anyone got any ideas, I'd love to hear them...
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

I agree this is a feature Zope lacks that would be nice. I think a new
permission such as "Access through the web" or some such would be the
ticket. It would require tinkering with ZPublisher, but I don't think it
would be entirely all that difficult. I'll try to find some time to test
this theory... 8^)

--