[Zope] Deb packages wanted.

aZaZel azazel@chiaroscuro.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:06:17 +0100

Jason C. Leach wrote:

 > hi,
 >
 > I rund Debian Potato and would like to use a newer version of Zope.  Does
 > anyone know if some Potato debs are avail for this?
 >
 > Thanks,
 > j.

put a  source package line to the unstable branch in
/etc/apt/sources.list , for example

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

as root, do an apt-get update

switch to  /tmp  and  use this command

apt-get source zope

it will download the debian source packages and then  unzip and patch them

do a cd to new zope subdir in /tmp

and then use this command to compile the sources and build the binary
package

debian/rules binary (as root)

or  as standard user and if you have fakeroot installed

fakeroot  debian/rules binary

then you can find the new binary package (the last built for debian) on /tmp

do a

dpkg -i /tmp/<package name>.deb to install it as root

bye

azazel