[Zope] IE 5.5 "Warning: Page has Expired"

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:15:39 -0400

Randall F. Kern said -

> From: Rik Hoekstra [mailto:rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl]
>
> > "Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
> > information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer
> available. As

> Just in case the reason for this error isn't clear, it results if:
> a) the page you are trying to browse to was requested with method POST,
> not GET
> b) the page has expired from the browser cache

> These two factors make it impossible to correctly render the page.

> This is something that could be "fixed" in ZMI by redirecting to the
> edit page after every save.

When I edit a page using IE5.5, and I get an error when I try to save the
page in the ZMI, the "reload" (right-mouse-click/R) doesn't work (giving the
reload problem that is being talked about) but hitting the back arrow works
as expected, taking me back to the edit view the way it was before I tried
to save.  Just what you want.

So does <ALT-left-arrow>.  I have the cache set to "automatically" check for
new page versions.

Cheers,

Tom P