[Zope] large images to a database via zope.

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 13:43:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001 ghaley@mail.venaca.com wrote:

> 	We also chose MySQL as we do not anticipate a large number of data
> writes but a huge number of reads, so the rollback, commit, type options
> of other dbs was not as important, and the speed of MySQL retrieval was a
> big bonus.  But, MySQL barfs when trying to insert a record with more than
> about 15 or 16 meg.  We suspect that the insert happens faster than MySQL
> can accommodate.  I wrote a perl script that will feed in a buffer of
> about a meg at a time, and we were able to get it to work several times,
> but even that was too much, and, again MySQL crashed on large inserts.

You probably have to tune some of the MySQL buffer parameters.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/e/Server_parameters.html

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy