[Zope] PostgreSQL on Linux RH6.1

Bak @ kedai kedai@kedai.com.my
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 08:10:05 +0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Marzke <lmarzke@adelphia.net>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Friday, April 13, 2001 11:35 PM
Subject: [Zope] PostgreSQL on Linux RH6.1

>I have a Zope, PoPy, PostgreSQL installation from Solaris 7 that need to
move
>to Linux.   At the moment I'm using RH 6.1
>
>I've had no luck so far with PopY, PygresSQL, or psycopg
>I really don't care with DA is used, I would just like to get a connection.
>
>Before I post the exact errors, does any have a suggestion on what to
>try on Red Hat 6.1 ?  I need to have a python interface as well as Zope DA.

you need postgresql-7.x to use popy.  maybe psycopg too.  also, make sure
postgresql-devel is installed

i experienced this sometime ago, when i was running postgresql 6.5.x.
upgrading to 7.x helped.  also, when using popy

./configure --with-postgres-libs=/usr/lib  --with-postgres-includes=/usr/inc
lude/pgsql

would make installation easier

hth