[Zope] PostgreSQL on Linux RH6.1

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
13 Apr 2001 19:19:22 -0600

On 13 Apr 2001 11:08:49 -0400, Lee Marzke wrote:
> I have a Zope, PoPy, PostgreSQL installation from Solaris 7 that need to move
> to Linux.   At the moment I'm using RH 6.1
>
> I've had no luck so far with PopY, PygresSQL, or psycopg
> I really don't care with DA is used, I would just like to get a connection.
>
> Before I post the exact errors, does any have a suggestion on what to
> try on Red Hat 6.1 ?  I need to have a python interface as well as Zope DA.

I've seen it posted, though cannot verify, that to run popy or psycopg,
you need postgresql 7.0x
You certainly need to have the postgres-devel rpm installed on the Linux
box, and they should ideally match the version on the solaris box (I
assume you aren't moving the db).

> Ideally I would like to have a DB-API v2 interface.

I _think_ that currently, psycopg is the only one providing this, though
don't quote me on that :)
Other than that, can't help with the non-info posted.

Bill