[Zope] Connecting to Postgres on a Linux Machine From A Windo ws NT4 Machine Running Zope

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wcg.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 15:23:42 -0500

Rumor has it that PoPy compiles under Cygwin.  If you can get PoPy compiled
and then convince class Python(Ports.Win32,Zope) to talk to the PoPy shared
library, you're home free. Free as an African swallow.  Carrying a coconut.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Burton [mailto:jburton@scw.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 7:04 PM
To: Steven Grimes
Cc: Zope
Subject: Re: [Zope] Connecting to Postgres on a Linux Machine From A
Windows NT4 Machine Running Zope

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Steven Grimes wrote:

> All,
>
> I've done quiet a bit of research and I'm still not sure how I can connect
> to a Postgres 7 Database Running on a Red Hat 7 box from my Windows NT
> machine running Zope 2.3.1. I do NOT want to use ODBC if possible. I've
read
> about Psycopg, Pygresql and Popy and I'm not sure if these should be
> installed on the Linux machine or the NT Machine. I'd also like to know
> which has the best performance and stability. I know I'm asking for a lot
of
> information and I thank anyone willing to help in advance.

The database adaptor is installed on the Zope machine. You may find it
tricky to install some of the DAs on Windoze; I haven't tried.

There have been several discussions recently about relative merits of PG
adaptors. Did you search the mailing list for 'popy' 'zpygresql', etc?

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>