[Zope] Re: Broken Pipe again

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:23:38 -0400

Hi Luiz,

I'd like to try to continue including the list on this conversation.

The pattern you've observed isn't really enough to go on... if Zope is dying
during a request, that log script thingy should show you that fact... but if
you say that it happens every morning, on any link you click on... well...
I'm not sure.  ;-)

Did I already ask you to send object reference information from the debug
screen of the control panel?  If not, could you send it (preferably before
you go home for the night, before it crashes, but after it's been running
for a while).

Thanks!

- C

----- Original Message -----
From: Luiz Antonio B. Silva
To: Chris McDonough
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 8:31 AM
Subject: Broken Pipe again

> Hi Luiz,
>
> I cc'ed the zope mail list on this question...
>
> That message appears when a browser breaks the current connection before
the
> response is returned, and it's normal under most circumstances.  It may or
> may not have anything to do with your Zope stability problem.
>
> A good thing to do would be to turn on detailed logging via the "-M"
switch
> to z2.py.  After you gather information in the log, use the script at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/DEBUG-LOG to figure out what
> requests aren't returning.  See if there's a pattern.

    Well Chris, I did that. Nothing but dots from the log. Here goes another
strange thing that may help solve this: Currently, I´m the only one working
on that zope. I work all day long with no problems (except that exceptions
poping up on the console side), but EVERY morning, when I start to work with
it, click on the view tab and then click on any link, the server dies. So, I
start it up again, click on the view, then on the same link again and
"voilá", it works fine until next morning. What could be happening?