[Zope] zope rant

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 18:18:23 +0100

Cees de Groot wrote:

> That's fine. Are we going to agree to disagree,

Okay, you tempted me to say more ;-)

> or would you care to point out
> to me how you can do things like version management,

Do you mean of content or code? Ask Paul about the 'all three layers managed
content' model that DC is aiming for, he can probably explain it better than
I...

> have very complex code
> that you can easily maintain and evolve,

I use Python Products for this. Python Scripts have made life a lot better and
the FS-range of stuff from the CMF will become more and more useful. Hopefully
it'll end up in the core at some point...

> manage security without having to
> scroll to a couple of hundred K of HTML tables, etcetera?

This one I agree with you on, there's a slow (and that's my fault ;-) thread on
this on the CMF list. Maybe you'd care to chip in with some ideas? This is the
real strength of Zope and open source in general: the power to change things
that aren't as good as they could be :-)

cheers,

Chris