[Zope] PUT_factory to create ZWikiPage by default - help

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
16 Apr 2001 12:28:09 -0500

Following the advice of Dieter Maurer and Tres Seaver I am trying to
use PUT_factory to override the default object type and create a
ZWikiPage when I create a page by ange-ftp.  Because I am a zope and
python newbie, I am having some trouble.

I will detail what I did in hope that someone can offer me some
guidance

1) Created a 'Python (Script)' object in my Wiki folder and named it
   PUT_factory with empty 'Parameter List'.  This may be part of my
   problem; what is the parameter list for PUT_factory?  I also tried
   'self, name, typ, body'

2) Added the following content to this file:

   #Implement the "hookable PUT" hook.
   import re, ZWikiPage

   TEXT_PATTERN = re.compile( '^text/.*$' )

   def PUT_factory( self, name, typ, body ):
       """
       """
       if TEXT_PATTERN.match( typ ):
           return ZWikiPage( source_string='', __name__=name )
       return None

3) Tried to create a ZWikiPage from emacs using ange-ftp but got an
   error 426.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
John Hunter