[Zope] zope rant

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:37:45 -0400

While the baroqueness of local roles, ownership, permissions, etc. hasn't
changed much, the API for asserting permissions on methods within a Product
has changed radically since Zope 2.3.  It's much simpler now to "spell"
security within a Product.  For more info, see
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/ZDG/Security.dtml (preview of Zope
developer's guide).  If __ac_permissions__ and
__allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__ is the basis for the kvetch, it's
no longer necessary to spell these things this way.

- C

> Apart from that, I think Zope's security model needs to be reviewed. As
I'm