[Zope] ZEO

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 02:03:43 -0700

On Tuesday 17 April 2001 05:02, you wrote:
>>Please help!
>>
>>How do I start Zope as a client?

rtfm... the docs of zeo contains a file called ZopeReadme.txt

this contains most of the info you need

nutshell (i'm assuming 'nix cause no platform given)

copy ZEO to Zope_Home/lib/python

(i copied the start/stop scripts in misc to my Zope_Home as well)

copy custom_zodb.py from ZEO/misc to your zope root directory (where start
scripts and the like live).

if you want unix sockets edit custom_zodb and switch the conditonal as
appropiate.

start zeo

if you're using sockets a netstat -l should something listening on the zeo
socket (tcp/ip or unix)

start zope

you should see some info as zope attempts to connect to the server storage.

and then you get normal zope startup

done.

kapil

>>And how do I make sure the other server is successful in running the ZEO
>>server? I can only see two lines of processes.

netstat -l