[Zope] Continuing Woe with Win98 (but Zope V1.10.3 works!)

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:28:57 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Browning" <paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk>

> A number of people made useful suggestions including making sure
> the was an entry in the Windoze LMHOSTS file but to no avail.

Sounds very wierd & painful.

I was one of the people who probably suggested editing 'hosts', since it did
work for me a couple of times. But you say 'LMHOSTS'...

There are two similarly named files in my Win98se system:

C:\Windows\LMHOSTS.SAM

C:\windows\hosts  [no suffix at all]

This second file is the one I suggest you try.
I know little about Win32 TCP/IP beahvior, so perhaps this is just
supersition.

good luck
- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']