[Zope] CatalogAware when there's no 'Catalog'

bak (kedai) kedai@kedai.com.my
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:34:39 +0800

On Wednesday 18 April 2001 11:22, Zopista wrote:
> Yes, catalog aware looks for an object called Catalog. No choice there
> (unless you hack Zope).
>
> Unless you are looking at huge numbers (say 10,000+) you shouldnt notice
> much perfomance difference by using catalog, so if it makes your life
> easier just use one.

i may be wrong but we can have a nondefault catalog named whatever we want.
if we have a CatalogAware ZClass, we can tell it to reindex the right catalog
by including
<dtml-call "manage_editCataloger('your_unique_catalog)">
<dtml-call "reindex_object">
between the <dtml-with>..</dtml-with> in the zclass constructor

http://www.zope.org/Members/kedai/BuildSimpleZClass
is a culmination of many howtos.