[Zope] Pb with SiteRoot + Zope 2.3.1 or Zope 2.3.2b1 + Suse 7.1

Neunreither, Isabelle Isabelle.Neunreither@Dresdner-Bank.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:33:04 +0200

Hi,

I'm a newbie with zope. For two weeks, I have start with my diplom. My
diplom theme is Zope and XML. At the moment, I don't know exactly in which
way i can contribute to the zope development and i read a lot of
documentation to understand the zope mechanisms.

Today, i send my first problem :-(

I have installed first zope 2.3.1, then zope 2.3.2b1 on a linux Server (Suse
7.1) and following problem appears with both version:
I try to connect to the management interface through the Zserver with
following address http://localhost/Zope instead of http://localhost:8008/
(my port 8080 is yet in use). To do this, I read the How-To: Using Apache
with ZServer (NOT Zope.cgi) and decide to use the "First example: Partial
Zope-ification" and not the virtual host example. It explains exactly what I
need and want, but it doesn't work correctly. All the images and most of the
links are correctly interpreted, but some links such as logout, preferences
or the path in the manager interface don't link the correct pages! So, if i
clicked of the logout link, i get following: "you don't have permission to
access /". The " no permission " - problem is normal, but that the link is
"/" and not "http://localhost/Zope/ is not normal.

So, i decided to delete the SiteRoot object and  I tested the links again.
All links have been then correct, only after clicking the logout link, i was
asked to give my passwort. i gave my passwort, clicked of ok and get
following message: connect failed. Then i clicked of cancel and saw in my
management interface i'm logged out. Did somebody have the same problem?

I try to find a solution. I opened manage_top_frame.dtml to see which
variable define the path, but i thing i have a lot to learn before i can
change something in the code :-)

Cheers,
Isabelle