[Zope] Zope via IIS: How does ASPN do it?

Michael Strasser M.Strasser@myrealbox.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:52:02 +1000

There have been recent questions about routing Zope requests through IIS.
ActiveState has a way of doing it for ASPN and I would like to know how.

I have noticed (by snooping with Proxomitron) that a request to
http://www.activestate.com is served by IIS 5.0. Here is some stuff from
Proxomitron's log window:

  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
  Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:48:31 GMT

However, when I request http://www.activestate.com/ASPN the request is
served by Zope:

  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
  Server: Zope/Zope 2.3.0 (binary release, python 1.5.2, win32-x86)
ZServer/1.1b1
  Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 00:51:33 GMT

(The second line is wrapped.)

The only widely-available information on Zope via IIS is Brian Hooper's
How-To (http://www.zope.org/Members/brianh/iis_howto) but that relies on
setting a Windows extension .pcgi to trigger use of PCGI. ActiveState
doesn't do that as far as I can tell.

Maybe there is some feature of IIS 5.0 I have missed. Would anyone from
ActiveState like to let us in on the secret?

--
Michael Strasser
Brisbane, Australia