[Zope] Pb with SiteRoot + Zope 2.3.1 or Zope 2.3.2b1 + Suse 7.1

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:10:43 +0200 (CEST)

Neunreither, Isabelle writes:
 > All links have been then correct, only after clicking the logout link, i was
 > asked to give my passwort. i gave my passwort, clicked of ok and get
 > following message: connect failed. Then i clicked of cancel and saw in my
 > management interface i'm logged out. Did somebody have the same problem?
That is normal behaviour.

  Some hackery is necessary to convince your browser to no longer
  send your id and password (that's what logged in means
  with HTTP basic authentication).
  Zope's logout page uses "<dtml-raise Unauthorized>" for
  this hackery. You will get an "unauthorized" whatever you
  give as user/password.
  But most browsers forget the old login information
  after you gave them once a new one (which, of course, fails too).

You may read the "Web Publishing" section of

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

if you want to learn more about basic authentication.

Dieter