[Zope] export Documents

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 23:02:06 +0200 (CEST)

uli01@gmx.net writes:
 > I checked a Winword documentinto Zope. What I am trying to solve is how I
 > can export this document from Zope to the client in the origional file format
 > (doc) when I am working in the management screen....
You view the document (which, hopefully, is a file object).
This should return the object in the original format.
If not, you may need to set the "content_type" attribute
of the object. It usually is guessed correctly (based on the
filename extension), but in some cases the guess is wrong.

Again, more information in

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

This time, the section on Site building objects.

We have had problems to access PowerPoint files on a Unix
(standard Apache) HTTP server from Windows Netscape clients.
We could not convince Netscape that it must treat the files as binary.
It always treated them as text files and added CR characters.
Maybe, you have a similar problem (if the "Content-Type" is already
correct).

Dieter