[Zope] RE: [Zope-CMF] mysqlUserFolder and CMF

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:31:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Norman Khine wrote:

> You are too good I was just looking at these tools.
>
> Can I confirm then that if I go down the route of mySQLUserFolder all I will
> be concern with in ensuring it is complient with the CMF to be the
> portal_registration part of the application lloking at the Portal Object
> schema http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/UML/PTKBase/Portal_Objects_Diag.html

CookieCrumbler takes care of the gory details, so I think all you need to
be concerned with is modifying portal_membership so that people can add
themselves to the SQL database and the extra properties can be stored
there as well. (portal_registration probably won't need any changes.)

> and I suppose I'll need to look at the portal_membership
> www.zope.org/Products/PTK/UML/PTKBase/portal_membership_Info.html objects
> and merge it with the mysqlUserFolder
>
> Well thatnks for your help, I have taken enough of your time. If this work I
> will sit down and write a How-to ;^)

Excellent!

Shane