[Zope] Bad File Descriptor error - zope crashes at startup

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:32:16 -0400

James

YES. Thank you!!

A tricky side effect I noticed:

1.  I created a fresh install of Zope231
with installation username = 'superuser' and passwd = '123'
2.  Started the new zope, then entered /manage using this installation
login. OK
3.  Stopped Zope
4.  Copied my old 'Products' folder over plus 'PIL' to new ZSite tree
5.  Copied my old [corrupted] Data.fs into the new /var folder
6.  Restart Zope
7.  Try /manage login .. => now it rejects 'superuser', but accepts my old
manager login from the pre-coorupted days [last night].OK

Can anyone explain the creation sequence of user permissions for superuser
logins and other mamanger logins in Zope 2.3.1?

This seems to be related to voodoo installation problems a few __very__
unlucky people have had on Win32.

For example: I have been trying to help a new Zope user, Sharlynn
<waterstrider@frontier.net> who for 14 days cannot login to /manage after
installing Zope.
She appears to have exhausted all permutations, though no doubt there is ONE
we have not found = The right one!
She has posted to this list a couple of times but no any replies yet.

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-April/087967.html
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-April/088946.html

Please can anyone help her?
Thanks

- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']