[Zope] Debian zope2.1.6-7 installation

basicprinting@earthlink.net basicprinting@earthlink.net
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:52:20 -0400

 >>when I type
 >>     $ lynx http://localhost:9673/
 >>     I do not get the Welcome to Zope screen
 >>     I get a password prompt which doesn't accept my
Super/Emergency/Administrator/accessfile    username & password.
 >>     repeated attempts get a 401 error screen, which says I am unathorized
 >>
 >>     I have tried all the suggestions in the /usr/share/doc/zope/README.
Debian.gz
 >>     (All the archived messages I've run across reiterate these changes
I've already tried.)

I was hoping to see if it was a goof on my machine or something wrong with
the dpkg.

On the other hand...
 >>On Mon Apr 23, 2001
 >>Mike Renfro <renfro@tntech.edu> said
 >>I have an updated Zope 2.3.1 built for Debian 2.2, and it's available
 >>for download at http://mwr.ddts.net/a/mwr/

the full address would be...
http://mwr.ddts.net/a/mwr/zope_2.3.1-1_i386.deb

Alas, I am on ppc arch not i386.
Is Zope.deb pkg cross architecture by virtue of Python or do I still need
to start from source?

I would really like to "get on the map/2.3.1" and start going through the
Zope tutorial.